Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Let's give this a try

Hello! So, I am new to this whole blog thing, but I thought I would give it a try. My name is Dani, and I am a 20 something beginning a new chapter in my life....in some aspects! I just graduated with my Bachelor's degree in accounting from Washington State in May. I am now going to start an internship with Ernst and Young TOMORROW! I'll be working as an assurance intern until August 15th. Then, because I am crazy, I am going to take another year to earn my Masters of Accountancy from WSU. My main goal at the end of all of this is to earn my CPA and start full time at EY. 

Let's start with some vitals:
  • I am 21 (almost 22!)
  • Short, brunette, total girly girl
  • loves shopping and sports
  • not afraid to admit I'm a republican:)
  • proud Catholic
  • I'm an ESTJ

What's New: Today I am finally starting to feel like a real resident of Seattle. I went to meet Kimmy (friend from WSU) at Southcenter Mall and I was actually able to find my way around! Now, the average person may not think that this is a big accomplishment, but I grew up in Richland and went to school in Pullman. Not exactly big cities! Having been in Seattle for almost 2 weeks, I am starting to settle in. It is amazing how God has totally blessed me. My good friend Kristina from Hanford High lives 5 blocks away, I've found a great church, and I was able to even meet up with Andrea and her sister Jessica. The only thing that is hard is the fact that Nordstrom is so close. Me+Nordstrom=trouble!

There are a number of reasons I have decided to start this blog. Mostly to keep people informed with what I am up to at my internship and beyond, as well as a way to look back at how God has worked in my life. So, stay tuned...:)

No comments: