Monday, August 25, 2008

Last First Day of School!

Because WSU is on a semester schedule, and I am just crazy enough to go for a Master's, I started my last year of school EVER today! It didn't really hit me until I woke up this morning. It is a weird feeling, I must say. For the past 17 years around this time I have gone through the ritual of buying school supplies, picking out the perfect outfit and making sure your hair is just right. It was almost sad to think that I will never experience that again. Ok, maybe not too sad, but nostalgic none the less! :)

My day started with going to my office hours at 10 A.M. I really tried to get out of that one because my students don't even know when my office hours are yet, but I am always the good one, so I went anyways. Then I met Cherise and Matt for lunch at the newly renovated Compton Union Building on campus. It is beautiful! We had lunch at Carlita's Mexican Grille, one of the new eateries in the CUB. I have to say, I wasn't that impressed :( Those of you who know me well know that I am a total Mexican food snob...what can I say, I'm from Tri-Cities!

After lunch I had sometime to kill before my auditing seminar. Now, I know that doesn't sound like much fun to you, but I am so excited about this class! We are studying fraud and current audit cases! I really think I am going to like grad school. The structure is much more discussion based. The only thing is you have to do the reading or you will be hurting the next class session. Can I just say that I officially feel old? 22 technically isn't THAT old, but when I am on campus now I feel ancient! I am a grad student. That just seems so old! I walk around the halls of Todd and see the new crop of freshmen and can't believe how young they are. They were born in 1990! Any who, you may all start calling me an old hag...

Finally, I am going back to Seattle this weekend! I miss the city so much and I am ready to escape for a weekend. WSU is playing Oklahoma State at Quest Field, so it should be fun- even if we are demolished. I am also super excited because there is someone in particular taking a trip up to Seattle as well that weekend..!

Fight,fight, fight for Washington State!
Win the victory.
Win the day for Crimson and Gray!
Best in the West, we know you'll all do your best,
So, on, on , on , on! Fight till the end!
Honor and glory you must win!
So, fight, fight, fight for Washington State and victory!

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

Hey Dani, you should check out this video I just posted on my blog. It is SO good! :)