Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Days Go By

I have to say that I am starting to feel the daily grind of being a grad student. Shari, Marin, Calley, and I have been working on this in depth assignment for our Accounting 532 class. We were given the tasks of analysing a company's financial statement and business strategy and forecasting their future performance. This entails strategy, accounting, and financial analysis, forecasting, valuation, and credit rating review.Kind of overwheming.Our company is Deckers, who owns Teva and Ugg Australia. They actually are a pretty cool company. What is frustrating is that we finished what were were supposed to only to find out that more requirements were added. AND: this stuff is not on the CPA exam! Also, the rest of my classes all have final projects due the same week. Ugh. It is a good thing that I love my other three classes! The only thing that is keeping me motivated is that Thanksgiving break is two days away for me. (sorry for the rant!)


Friday night after dinner we all gathered at Mike and Kayleen's and watched Little Shop of Horrors! It is the most random movie I have ever seen! It stars Rick Moranis and features a cameo from Steve Martin. Crazy plant from outer space, dorky florist, evil dentist: what more could you ask for! Then on Saturday we held a baby shower for Kayleen. It was a great weekend and the first part of this week has been really productive.


Have you ever found yourself at a place in your life when you are waiting for something exciting to happen? I have to admit that I am at one of those places right now. For the past few months it has seemed like I am just going through the motions. Every week is the same. I keep telling myself that I need to appreciate this time in my life, but that is easier said than done. God knows what He is doing. Sometimes I just wish I knew where this is all leading...

No comments: