Thursday, November 6, 2008

November is here!

I cannot believe that it is already November! It just seems like yesterday that I arrived in Pullman to start my year of grad school. I would have to say that it hasn't been what I expected, but that is ok. I am learning and can't wait to put it to use.

The past few weeks have been pretty busy. I have four big research projects that I am working on right now and that has pretty much consumed my life. While some are interesting, others are not! And by that I mean my financial analysis project.The exciting thing is that we now officially have our schedule for Becker. We'll start studying in January to take the business section in February! Then we'll have two weeks off before we start studying for the financial section. I have to say that I think the regulation section will be my enemy. It is weird: there are moments when I am totally overwhelmed by the idea of taking the CPA exam, and then moments when it doesn't seem so daunting. I don't know if I am worried/stressed enough about it! I just pray that I'll be able to study sufficiently and pass all four sections the first time. The best strategy is to just tell myself that there is no other option: I will pass the first time.

So, last Friday was Halloween! I, of course, dressed up at Gov. Sarah Palin. I even wore my Barbie heels! (Cool fact- Sarah Palin was baptized at the same church I was!) We had a great time at dinner and then went to Pat, David, and Erik's to help celebrate Ines' birthday. On Saturday I worked on homework with Anthony and Angela before going to Kayleen's knitting party. While the party was fun and it was great to hang out with all the girls I did not pick up knitting right away:( I spent FOUR hours just trying to get past the first row. Can anyone provide me with a private knitting lesson?! I'll do your taxes this spring! Hopefully I can get some more practice in this weekend while I am an orphan. (My dad figures he's been to enough Dad's Weekends!)

As you all can guess, I am not too thrilled about the election results. I won't subject you to a rant, however. I am trying to move on in the grief process. I think I am at the bargaining stage now! And to those McCain staffers: I highly doubt that Sarah Palin thought Africa was a country.

No comments: