Monday, November 24, 2008

Taco Bell at 12:30 AM

I have come to this conclusion: there is nothing more delicious than Taco Bell at obscene hours of the night. It just hits the spot! When forced to pick a fast food restaurant I usually pick something like Wendy's, Arby's, or Cougar Country- something that at least appears more fresh. But, when it is 12:30 at night and you NEED food, Taco Bell is the ticket.Who might you ask kept me out that late? MY MOM! We went to Mass at The Parish of the Holy Spirit and then went to our friends house. We visited for hours while they enjoyed some vino. I, however, was unable to participate due to the fact that I was serving as DD. Let me tell you- the day that you DD for your mom and make a Taco Bell run with her at 12:30 is one to remember.

Today I had plans to go visit my Confirmation sponsor and her family (9 adorable kids!) at 9 this morning. Now, 9 doesn't seem so early, but when you don't get to bed until 2 it is a little early. I brought Spudnuts over, had a wonderful visit, and then returned home for a nap. My original thought was to take a quick little cat nap. 30 minutes, 45 tops. How long was my nap? Two and a half hours! After I nap that long I can never seem to wake back up. I always feel a little off. So, I've had a pretty unproductive day. Isn't that what Thanksgiving break is all about? I am hoping that tomorrow is more productive (I am sure that my 532 group would like that!). No bets, though!

In other news, I believe that I am becoming quite the cake baker. I baked one for Kayleen's baby shower last weekend and for my grandma's 79th birthday this Saturday. Kayleen's was funfetti with vanilla frosting and pink writing while my grandma's was devil's food with chocolate frosting and purple sprinkles. The greatest part? I made my own chocolate frosting!! I am working my way up to a home made cake. I think I am close. Next up on the baking front: toffee bars!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Hi Dani! I love reading and checking up on you.

If there is one fast-food restaurant for me, it is TACO BELL! And I couldn't agree with you anymore on the whole after hours thing. Who can turn down the bell at midnight?