Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins and Disney Movies

There comes a time when every 22 year old woman needs to go back to her childhood. For me, that was this weekend! I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather (no Haunted Palouse), so I went to my friend Teresa's house and carved a pumpkin! I named him Leonard. He is quite scary, if I do say so myself, and is guarding my door. The thing I forgot, however, is how messy it is to carve a pumpkin. Yes- I am a girl. :) I was so grossed out that I couldn't seperate the seeds from all of the goo. While we carved pumpkins we watched Hocus Pocus. Remember that wonderful movie from 1993? It stars a Bette Midler and freaky SJP.

After being totally unproductive Saturday morning I went to hang out with Cherise. We then proceeded to torment her understanding boyfriend Matt with not one but TWO Disney movies! We watched The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. It was splendid. I like to pretend I am a Disney princess, and no one can stop me :) I have to say, though, that Matt is crazy wise. He puts up with me like a little-older sister (I am older, but shorter!). I can tell him everything that am worried about concerning a certain subject and he can ALWAYS tells me what will happen.

This week I will be enjoying a FANTASTIC half-gallon of cookie dough ice-cream. Feel free to ask me why. On top of that, it is getting cold at night in Pullman. Really cold. I just have to keep telling myself that this is the last winter here.

Coming Up This Weekend:
- Dress up dinner at St. Tommy's on Halloween
- Kayleen's Knitting Party ( I don't know how to knit, but I will learn. My family has always said I need a hobby, and what better hobby than knitting!)

Remember the Communion of Saints this coming weekend!

No comments: