Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another Week

What a difference a week makes! I am feeling so much better this week. The Remicade worked like a charm! I felt good enough to go down to the TC with Cherise and help my sister get ready for her first homecoming dance! She wore a beautiful emerald green dress that went to her knees and we put her hair into a messy bun. It was amazing to be apart of that moment for my sister. She even said thank you! For those of you who know my sister you know that this is quite unusual. Cherise and I then spent the evening catching up on homework and watching Baby Momma. I have a confession to make: even though I totally disagree with her politics, I have an itty bitty girl crush on Tina Fey. The first step is to admit is, isn't it?!

There isn't much to report as far as classes go. This is probably a good thing, though! I have now decided that I need to focus on my body as much as I have been focusing on my mind. I bought an exercise ball at Target before I left the TC so I can get into a better exercise habit. Today was lower body and tomorrow is arms! Growing up I was always involved in some sort of activity after school that kept me in shape. I tried everything: ballet, softball, gymnastics, jazz, and cheerleading. Since high school I haven't been as dedicated to exercise, but I am going to change that! I know that when I start work I am going to need a way to work off the stress of busy season. Maybe I'll just bring my exercise ball to work. It would be perfect for the audit room!

Speaking of accounting, I will start taking the CPA exam in six months. How scary is that?! I'm not to worried- yet! I am sure the stress will pile on as the date gets closer. I just can't wait to get to Seattle and start working. The further I get into my Master's the more I realize how much I LOVE accounting. Weird, huh? I miss all of my EY kiddos- therefore, I am coming to visit over Halloween weekend! Shari and I will be making the trip over the mountains, so get ready everyone!

This weekend should be a great one. Haunted Palouse is Friday. Everyone from St. Tommy's might even dress up. I think the theme may be celebrities if we can get Mike and Pat to dress up as the Olsen twins. The sad thing is that Andrea won't be there:( I did get to talk to her tonight and she is having a great time working as a volunteer in the Bronx. I only wish I was in a financial position to go and visit her! While Andrea won't be there, guess who might be?!! Gordon!!! Ok- just a little excited. He reads this, though, so I have to try and act cool. Am I doing a good job?

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

glad you're feeling better!