Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Hello all! Yes- I know I am terrible about posting regularly. I will try to fix this situation, starting now :)

This past week was interesting. First, a bunch of us were pretty frustrated in our Master's classes this week because our professor gave us a mid-term project that doesn't make ANY sense. Our case is on Boston Chicken and was written for strategy analysis. However, we are supposed to do accounting, financial, ratio and forecast analysis along with strategy. What really made us mad was the proposed 24 month cash flow part, but we don't have to do that anymore. Yes! I have to say that I love my team. It is great to have a team where everyone knows what they are doing and they all pull their weight.

On Thursday was Women's Group and the VP debate. Our discussion at WG was about a parable in Matthew where a vineyard owner hires workers to produce fruit in the vineyard. He sends servants to check in on them (they hadn't been producing fruit), and the workers kill all of the servants. However, the owner still has faith and keeps sending servants. Finally, he sends his only son. Jesus then asks the Jewish leaders what they think the owner will do. Jesus tells them that the owner will remove the old workers and find ones that do produce good fruit.Do you see where this is going?? God is the owner, we are the workers, the servants are the prophets of the Old Testament and the son is Jesus. I am continually amazed at what a wonderful teacher Jesus was. We all need to be workers in the vineyard and work produce good fruit. The fantastic thing is, though, that God loves us unconditionally and will never lose faith.

My thoughts on the VP debate: Sarah Palin did better than I thought she would. I think she did answer the questions before going onto another topic. I really agree with her position that government needs to get out of the way. Government is too big. I did get the feeling that Biden was stumping...he said before that he doesn't think Barak Obama is qualified to be president. Now he is running with him?! Joe Biden doesn't make me as upset as Obama does.Oh well. All I can hope for is that people truly search their hearts and look at the issues. And if Barak Obama wins I hope Congress will keep him in check. His ideas are SO wrong for this country. Universal heath care, abortion, millions of social programs?!I just can't think about it. I am for everyone having healthcare and taking care of the poor, but the private sector is more efficient at doing that.The worst part about it all is that people think he is the new messiah. No politician is going to change the world so drastically. And, he IS NOT the messiah. We had a gentleman from the Spokane Dioceses come and speak at Friday Night Dinner about faithful citizenship. I really enjoyed his talk and it helped us look at the election and the issues from a Catholic perspective. Now, there is no way that they would tell us how to vote, but he did show us how to make our decisions with our faith in mind.

Finally, I had some girl time this weekend! I watched Sex and the City with Cherise Friday night and then Greta came down from Spokane yesterday and we went to dinner, did our nails, and watched a movie called I'm with Lucy. It was adorable! Highly recommend it.

That's all for now!

No comments: