Monday, January 12, 2009

last semester!

There were days when I didn't think I would make it. It seemed to elusive. Especially when I knew I didn't technically have to still be in school. Why did I decide to go for a CPA, therefore needing the extra year of school? That's right- because I am an overacheiver and love accounting. BUT- it is finally here! The last semester of school- EVER.

Let's just say this was the most drama filled first day of the semester I've experienced. I needed a minimum of two accounting courses and two other 500 level electives to complete my degree. There were three accounting courses offered, so I needed one other 500 level class. Pacific Northwest history didn't sound so bad. That was until this morning. I went to the class at 9 AM to realize I was in way over my head. I didn't have near the time or background required for this class. Plus- it didn't really interest me. If it were a 16th century European history class, maybe. But this? No. I talked to the professor after class and he didn't really think I would do well without an extensive history background (and history writing experience) and tons of extra time. And time is one thing I'll be lacking this semester. So, I went and spent the next hour in Dr. Sue Gill's office strategizing. I think the game plan is to check out a seminar in American studies on Wednesday. I hope it works!

On a lighter note, Jason is back on The Bachelor. Makes me smile =)

No comments: